Beach police warn citizens of possible towing scam
Beach police say they were contacted by a woman who said her vehicle was legally parked in the parking lot of the Village Inn restaurant during business hours.
She says when she came out, she found a flyer on her car claiming that a tow truck was on the way to retrieve her vehicle.
The woman thought it may be a scam and contacted police.
Police say the Village Inn did not request her vehicle to be towed and officials believe it may have been an attempt from someone to get money from parking lot patrons.
If you have any information about this possible scam, please contact the Virginia Beach Police Department Economic Crime Unit.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?