Beach police warn citizens of possible towing scam
Beach police say they were contacted by a woman who said her vehicle was legally parked in the parking lot of the Village Inn restaurant during business hours.
She says when she came out, she found a flyer on her car claiming that a tow truck was on the way to retrieve her vehicle.
The woman thought it may be a scam and contacted police.
Police say the Village Inn did not request her vehicle to be towed and officials believe it may have been an attempt from someone to get money from parking lot patrons.
If you have any information about this possible scam, please contact the Virginia Beach Police Department Economic Crime Unit.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach