One person dead in Suffolk head-on collision
Officials say the accident was reported at 11:17 a.m. and involved a head-on collision with a pickup truck and a passenger vehicle.
The driver of the passenger vehicle was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The driver of the pickup truck was extricated from her vehicle and transported via Nightingale to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
As a result of the accident, the 1900 block of Whaleyville Boulevard/Route 13 is closed with detours set up routing thru traffic to Carolina Road and Copeland Road.
Watch NewsChannel 3 First at Four for updates.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head