One person dead in Suffolk head-on collision
Officials say the accident was reported at 11:17 a.m. and involved a head-on collision with a pickup truck and a passenger vehicle.
The driver of the passenger vehicle was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The driver of the pickup truck was extricated from her vehicle and transported via Nightingale to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
As a result of the accident, the 1900 block of Whaleyville Boulevard/Route 13 is closed with detours set up routing thru traffic to Carolina Road and Copeland Road.
Watch NewsChannel 3 First at Four for updates.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom