One person dead in Suffolk head-on collision
Officials say the accident was reported at 11:17 a.m. and involved a head-on collision with a pickup truck and a passenger vehicle.
The driver of the passenger vehicle was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The driver of the pickup truck was extricated from her vehicle and transported via Nightingale to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
As a result of the accident, the 1900 block of Whaleyville Boulevard/Route 13 is closed with detours set up routing thru traffic to Carolina Road and Copeland Road.
Watch NewsChannel 3 First at Four for updates.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize