Person shot in attempted robbery in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – A person was shot during an attempted robbery in Virginia Beach early Monday morning.
On Monday, November 19, 2012, at 2 a.m., police say the shooting victim and a witness were in the parking lot of Bentley’s, located at 544 Newtown Road. The two were approached by two suspects who demanded their property.
Police say the victim was punched by the suspect, after attempting to push him away. The witness heard two to three gunshots fired and found the victim sitting on the curb with a gunshot wound to his buttocks. The victim was taken to a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Police are working to find more details on the suspects at this time.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation