Update: Two-city police pursuit ends in crash; two suspects in custody
According to Chesapeake police, two suspects are in custody after a police pursuit through Chesapeake and Norfolk.
The driver of the suspect vehicle involved in the pursuit has been identified as Frankie Jones, age 23 of the 1300 block of Independence Blvd. in Virginia Beach. He was charged with Defective Equipment, Hit & Run, Eluding Police and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.
The passenger has been identified as DeAngelo Wilkins, age 22, of the 3500 block of Seay Av. in Norfolk. He has been charged with Trespassing, Possession of Marijuana, Resisting Arrest and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.
The two are currently being held in the Chesapeake City Jail.
Chesapeake Police say they initiated a traffic stop at Berkley Avenue and Melon Street.
They say the vehicle did not stop and officers pursued the vehicle into Norfolk.
The suspect vehicle crashed into another vehicle at St. Paul and Market Street police say.
Officials have not yet released reports on injuries.
Tune in to NewsChannel 3 at Noon for more information.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery