Special deals for veterans
RICHMOND – Virginia museums and cultural sites will honor veterans with free admission and special programs in observance of the Veterans Day holiday.
Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation (including Jamestown Settlement and the Yorktown Victory Center)
- On Veteran’s Day, all active duty, reserve and retired military personnel and their families members with military identification cards, will receive complimentary admission on request.
- In observance of Veteran’s Day on November 11 and 12, there will be musket-firing demonstrations at Jamestown Settlement’s re-created 1610-14 fort and the Yorktown Victory Center’s re-created Continental Army encampment every half hour during operating hours; artillery demonstrations at the Yorktown Victory Center encampment at 11:05 a.m., 1:05 p.m. and 3:05 p.m.; swivel gun demonstrations at the Jamestown Settlement ships’ pier at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. The museums are open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Free admission for active duty military, veterans and their families on Veteran’s Day.
- The tour will focus on the Mason family’s service to the nation, “Safe Defense of a Free State.”
- $2 off regular ticket price for active duty military personnel throughout the year.
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- The VMFA offers free admission to special exhibitions to active military and their families every day through the Blue Star program. This year VMFA is proud to celebrate and honor veterans by offering them free admission to the Chihuly exhibition on Monday, November 12.
Frontier Culture Museum
- Offers free admission to veterans on Veteran’s Day and year-round.
Virginia Museum of Natural History
- On Veteran’s Day, the museum offers free admission to veterans and members of the military, both active and reserve.
Virginia Aviation Museum
- On Veteran’s Day and throughout the year, the museum offers free admission to veterans and members of the military, both active and reserve.
- The museum is open on Sunday, November 11 from 12:00p.m.-5:00p.m.
Library of Virginia
- On November 13, the Virginia Shop at the Library will offer 10% on all regularly priced merchandise to veterans.
- The Library is closed on November 11 and November 12.