Former VA delegate, “father of the lottery” dies at 83
Joseph William “Billy” O’Brien, 83, passed away on November 9th.
He was a graduate of Wilson High School and was a star athlete there.
He served in the Virginia General Assembly House of Delegates from 1974-1991. He was known as the father of the lottery.
Services will be held for O’Brien on Tuesday at 11 a.m. at Holloman-Brown Funeral Home.
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales