Extra departures at Swan Quarter-Ocracoke route will be offered this weekend
MANNS HARBOR, N.C. — The North Carolina Department of Transportation’s Ferry Division will continue to offer extra departures from each side on its Swan Quarter-Ocracoke route this coming weekend, Nov. 16 through Nov. 18, to accommodate traffic demand.
The extra weekend runs will continue until NC 12 reopens north of Rodanthe and the emergency ferry route is deactivated.
The additional departures for weekends (Friday-Sunday) include:
· Departing Swan Quarter at 7 a.m. and 1 p.m.; and
· Departing Ocracoke at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
The regular fall schedule on the Pamlico Sound for Monday through Thursday is:
· Departing Cedar Island and Ocracoke at 7:30 a.m., 10, 1 p.m. and 4;
· Departing Swan Quarter at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.; and
· Departing Ocracoke to Swan Quarter at 7 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods