Extra departures at Swan Quarter-Ocracoke route will be offered this weekend
MANNS HARBOR, N.C. — The North Carolina Department of Transportation’s Ferry Division will continue to offer extra departures from each side on its Swan Quarter-Ocracoke route this coming weekend, Nov. 16 through Nov. 18, to accommodate traffic demand.
The extra weekend runs will continue until NC 12 reopens north of Rodanthe and the emergency ferry route is deactivated.
The additional departures for weekends (Friday-Sunday) include:
· Departing Swan Quarter at 7 a.m. and 1 p.m.; and
· Departing Ocracoke at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
The regular fall schedule on the Pamlico Sound for Monday through Thursday is:
· Departing Cedar Island and Ocracoke at 7:30 a.m., 10, 1 p.m. and 4;
· Departing Swan Quarter at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.; and
· Departing Ocracoke to Swan Quarter at 7 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’