Woman injured in hit-and-run accident in Newport News
Newport News, Va. – Newport News police are investigating a hit-and-run traffic crash that left a pedestrian injured in the 500 block of Bland Boulevard around 9:15 A.M. this morning.
According to witnesses, a silver four door Honda occupied by three black men ran over the curb and onto the sidewalk, striking a 43-year-old woman.
The car stopped briefly and at least one of the occupants got out and spoke to the victim after which they got back in the car and drove off.
The victim was transported by medics, to a local hospital where she is being treated for non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the car is described as a black male, 25-30, about 5’10”, 200 pounds, short hair and wearing all dark clothing.
Anyone with information is asked to call Newport News Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. Crime Line callers may remain totally anonymous, are never required to testify in court and could be eligible for a cash reward for information leading to an arrest.
- Community helps family who lost father while treating two kids with cancer
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Three from Hampton Roads indicted in 7-Eleven immigration raids
- Woman sentenced to death set to walk free, go shopping with victim's grandson