Woman injured in hit-and-run accident in Newport News
Newport News, Va. – Newport News police are investigating a hit-and-run traffic crash that left a pedestrian injured in the 500 block of Bland Boulevard around 9:15 A.M. this morning.
According to witnesses, a silver four door Honda occupied by three black men ran over the curb and onto the sidewalk, striking a 43-year-old woman.
The car stopped briefly and at least one of the occupants got out and spoke to the victim after which they got back in the car and drove off.
The victim was transported by medics, to a local hospital where she is being treated for non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the car is described as a black male, 25-30, about 5’10”, 200 pounds, short hair and wearing all dark clothing.
Anyone with information is asked to call Newport News Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. Crime Line callers may remain totally anonymous, are never required to testify in court and could be eligible for a cash reward for information leading to an arrest.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom