Update: Thousands on the Outer Banks lose power
About 40, 000 residents were without power on the Outer Banks. Power has now been restored according to Dominion Power.
Dominion Power says they had a defect with one of their transmission lines that knocked out the power. They say they found a wire down in the Albermarle Sound area between Point Harbor and Kitty Hawk.
It included all of their Outer Banks customers and over 2,000 customers in the Elizabeth City area and the Mann’s Harbor delivery point.
Crews are investigating the problem.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head