Update: Thousands on the Outer Banks lose power
About 40, 000 residents were without power on the Outer Banks. Power has now been restored according to Dominion Power.
Dominion Power says they had a defect with one of their transmission lines that knocked out the power. They say they found a wire down in the Albermarle Sound area between Point Harbor and Kitty Hawk.
It included all of their Outer Banks customers and over 2,000 customers in the Elizabeth City area and the Mann’s Harbor delivery point.
Crews are investigating the problem.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom