Portion of Warwick to close both directions this weekend
Newport News, Va., – Northbound and southbound traffic lanes on Warwick Boulevard between Elmhurst Street and Carleton Road will be closed to all traffic this weekend.
The closure will take place from 7:00 p.m. on Friday, November 9 until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, November 12.
Motorists should follow the detour and expect longer travel times on the area.
During the closure there will be a designated emergency lane around the work site to ensure that emergency vehicles have adequate access to the northern most section of the city. The emergency lane will only be open to emergency vehicles. This will ensure uninterrupted emergency services to the Carleton Falls neighborhood and the northern most sections of the city.
The road is being closed in order to completely replace the railroad crossing at O’Hara Lane. The timber and rails will be pulled up, the rails replaced, and a concrete crossing material will replace the deteriorated timber crossing currently there. As part of this federally funded safety improvement project, the City will be installing railroad gates and flashing lights on Warwick Boulevard at a later time.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean