Portion of Laskin Road shut down due to restaurant fire, gas leak
Beach police say a section of Laskin Road has been temporarily blocked off after a fire at Nick’s Hospitality Restaurant on Thursday morning.
It happened at 11:08 a.m. this morning. Fire units responded to Nick’s Hospitality Restaurant, located at 508 Laskin Road. Fire crews requested to shut down part of Laskin Road at Baltic Avenue and also at Laskin and 30th Street, due to a possible gas leak at the business.
Virginia Natural Gas officials also responded to the scene. Traffic delays are expected during this time.
Officials say as of 11:40 a.m., westbound Laskin Road from Holly Road will also be blocked off for approximately one hour while gas lines are repaired.
Watch NewsChannel 3 First at Four for updates.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel