Jared Loughner sentenced
(CNN) Jared Loughner is sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole for the January 2011 attempted assassination of then-U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, the killings of six people and attempted murder of 13 others.
“The evidence clearly shows that he knew what he was doing, despite his mental illness,” U.S. District Judge Larry Burns said.
Watch NewsChannel 3 First at Four for more details.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery