Driver found guilty in deadly tour bus crash
By Scott Wise
CAROLINE COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – The man who fell asleep while driving a tour bus that crashed on Interstate 95 last year was found guilty by a judge today in Caroline County court.
Kin Yiu Cheung was charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter. He faces up to 40 years in prison when he’s sentenced in January.
Cheung was ordered held with no bond.
The bus he was driving was heading to New York City from North Carolina when it crashed on May 31, 2011, killing four passengers.
Last month all charges were dropped against the Sky Express Inc. bus dispatcher accused of forcing Cheung to continue on his route despite complaining of fatigue.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship