Hampton Roads election highlights
In Hampton Roads, here are the results for several races.
In Virginia Beach, Mayor Will Sessoms beat out two challengers – Wally Erb and Richard Kowalewitch.
For the two Virginia Beach School Board at large seats, the race is very close. With 94 of 95 precincts reporting, Beverly Anderson and Elizabeth Taylor have the most votes and appear to be the winners. In the Rose Hall District, Joel McDonald, Jr. beat out Chris Arney. Leonard Tengco won over Eric Wray, Jr. for the Centreville School Board seat. Dan Edwards ran unopposed for the Kempsville School Board district.
In Portsmouth, Kenneth Wright won a second term as mayor. He beat out Vice-Mayor Charles Whitehurst, Sr. For City Council, Curtis Edmonds, Sr., Danny Meeks, and Elizabeth Psimas won the three seats up for grabs. Incumbent Steve Heretick lost his seat.
Suffolk Mayor Linda Johnson beat out Leroy Bennett and Art Bredemeyer to hold on to the position. On City Council, there is a close race between Lue Ward and Robert Barclay, IV. With three out of four precincts reporting, Ward is winning by 27 votes. Roger Fawcett beat out two opponents for a Suffolk City Council seat. Curtis Milteer ran unopposed.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam