Viral video allegedly shows machine altering votes in Pennsylvania
Update: This machine has apparently been recalibrated and returned to service: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/pennsylvania-voting-machine-switches-vote-obama-romney_n_2083015.html
Video of a voting machine altering votes in Pennsylvania has surfaced online.
According to the video’s description, the man and his wife went to a voting booth on Tuesday before work.
“There were 4 older ladies running the show and 3 voting booths that are similar to a science fair project in how they fold up. They had an oval VOTE logo on top center and a cartridge slot on the left that the volunteers used to start your ballot.”
“I initially selected Obama but Romney was highlighted. I assumed it was being picky so I deselected Romney and tried Obama again, this time more carefully, and still got Romney. Being a software developer, I immediately went into troubleshoot mode.
The person that posted the video says the “calibration” argument was not valid because he was not able to duplicate this issue when trying to vote for another race.
Voting officials said this is an example of a voting machine “not being calibrated.” Voters that see this issue are urged to notify an polling place worker so the machine can be fixed.
All voters are also urged to review their selections before casting their ballot.
Last month, voters reported similar issues at early voting locations in North Carolina.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head