Va. Beach City Public Schools: Sandy make-up day on Veterans Day
November 12, Veterans Day, is scheduled as a make-up day for the closure on October 29 due to Hurricane Sandy.
According to school officials, in order to make up instructional time lost due to the school closure on October 29 because of Hurricane Sandy, Virginia Beach City Public Schools will be in session on Monday, November 12. That day was previously scheduled as a school holiday.
Virginia Beach City Public Schools posted its make up plans for the 2012-13 school year last summer on the school division’s web site.
In addition, the September 2012 edition of the Apple-A-Day newsletter, which is mailed to all households with children in the public schools, also published this information. As a reminder, those plans detail that the make-up day for any day missed in the first nine weeks of school will be November 12.
The make-up schedule for school closings can be found on the school calendar page of the division website, vbschools.com.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery