People still Googling ‘Who is running for President’
Despite that it was the final week before Election Day, more people than ever before were searching Google to find out who is running for President of the United States.
A Google chart that tracks annual and monthly interest in the search phrase “Who is running for President” showed it reached 100 — it’s all-time peak — in November, 2012.
The peak was reached despite that the results were partial, since there was less than a week from which data for the report could be pulled.
According to the chart, there were less than half of that number of people searching the same phrase in October, which peaked at 48.
In October, 2008, the peak number of people searching the phrase was 36.
The alarming trend was originally reported by The Atlantic.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested