Virginia Beach bike shop damaged in overnight fire
According to Captain Glover with the Virginia Beach Fire Department, the call came in at 2:30 a.m. Friday morning. Crews responded to BikeBeat, located in the 1600 block of Laskin Road near First Colonial. That’s in between a nail salon and Cobalt Grille.
Police and fire crews arrived on scene to find smoke in the business. They say the sprinkler system kept the fire under control.
No injuries were reported in the fire.
There is no word yet on a cause, and police are not sure if it’s accidental – investigators are working to find out.
The business suffered heavy water damage, and some smoke damage.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are received.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested