Virginia Beach bike shop damaged in overnight fire
According to Captain Glover with the Virginia Beach Fire Department, the call came in at 2:30 a.m. Friday morning. Crews responded to BikeBeat, located in the 1600 block of Laskin Road near First Colonial. That’s in between a nail salon and Cobalt Grille.
Police and fire crews arrived on scene to find smoke in the business. They say the sprinkler system kept the fire under control.
No injuries were reported in the fire.
There is no word yet on a cause, and police are not sure if it’s accidental – investigators are working to find out.
The business suffered heavy water damage, and some smoke damage.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are received.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’