Student Athletes of the Week: The Hampton Roads Whalers
They come from all over including Hickory, Woodside, First Colonial and Great Bridge High Schools to play at Chesapeake’s chilled ponds.
They play for one team, the Hampton Roads Whalers. The Whalers are a non-profit organization whose mission is to help kids achieve their dream of playing collegiate hockey.
Being part of the program means giving back to the community. Before every home game they establish a fundraiser. In the holiday season it’s Toys For Tots. This month they are helping the Food Bank. They will be collecting canned and boxed items before the game
The Whalers are in action Saturday at chilled ponds in Chesapeake. Come out and support a local team for a local cause!
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach