Local ships prepare to help in the Hurricane Sandy clean-up in New York
The Navy has confirmed the USS Wasp, USS San Antonio, and USS Carter Hall will be arriving in New York today and tomorrow.
The Navy posted video of San Antonio sailors preparing before they left yesterday.
Rescue swimmers are onboard the San Antonio according to the Navy.
They also said heavy lifting helicopters are going to be with the USS Wasp.
The Norfolk-based ships are just part of the military’s efforts to help with rescue and recovery after the hurricane.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found