Local ships prepare to help in the Hurricane Sandy clean-up in New York
The Navy has confirmed the USS Wasp, USS San Antonio, and USS Carter Hall will be arriving in New York today and tomorrow.
The Navy posted video of San Antonio sailors preparing before they left yesterday.
Rescue swimmers are onboard the San Antonio according to the Navy.
They also said heavy lifting helicopters are going to be with the USS Wasp.
The Norfolk-based ships are just part of the military’s efforts to help with rescue and recovery after the hurricane.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket