Local ships prepare to help in the Hurricane Sandy clean-up in New York
The Navy has confirmed the USS Wasp, USS San Antonio, and USS Carter Hall will be arriving in New York today and tomorrow.
The Navy posted video of San Antonio sailors preparing before they left yesterday.
Rescue swimmers are onboard the San Antonio according to the Navy.
They also said heavy lifting helicopters are going to be with the USS Wasp.
The Norfolk-based ships are just part of the military’s efforts to help with rescue and recovery after the hurricane.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years