Local ships prepare to help in the Hurricane Sandy clean-up in New York
The Navy has confirmed the USS Wasp, USS San Antonio, and USS Carter Hall will be arriving in New York today and tomorrow.
The Navy posted video of San Antonio sailors preparing before they left yesterday.
Rescue swimmers are onboard the San Antonio according to the Navy.
They also said heavy lifting helicopters are going to be with the USS Wasp.
The Norfolk-based ships are just part of the military’s efforts to help with rescue and recovery after the hurricane.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize