Woman arrested after 3-year-old spotted walking alone in Newport News
According to police, on Wednesday, October 31, 2012, a 3-year-old was spotted walking alone at the intersection of Michael Irvin Drive and Flowers Terrace around 9:30 a.m.
Officers responded to find the child unharmed and healthy.
During the course of the investigation, police say the caretaker arrived on scene. The father of the child was then notified of the situation. The caretaker and the father gave conflicting stories as to how the child was left unattended.
Police arrested Nicole Combs, pictured to the right. She now faces charges for child neglect.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery