22-year-old arrested in Portsmouth standoff situation
A man is in custody following a standoff situation in Portsmouth Thursday morning.
According to police, officers responded to the 3500 block of Scott Street around 2:20 a.m. Thursday morning. They say a man was found brandishing a firearm, and went back into the home, where he was alone.
At 6:49 a.m., police say the man was taken into custody.
NewsChannel 3 will post updates as they are available.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage