Wilroy Road to close for sewer main repair work in Suffolk starting Wednesday
Crews say the 800 block of Wilroy Road will be closed to thru traffic from 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, October 31 until Friday, November 2 while Hampton Roads Sanitation District crews coordinate an assessment for an emergency repair of a leaking sanitary sewer force main.
The HRSD sewer main is located in a marshy area of Shingle Creek located off Wilroy Road.
Local access will be permitted during the work. The Suffolk Department of Public Works will have detour signs in place at the Wilroy Road/Suburban Drive and Wilroy Road/Constance Road intersections.
Detours will direct travelers to use Nansemond Parkway, Progress Road, Suburban Drive, and Route 58.
The detour may have to be extended following review of the repair assessment results by HRSD.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder