Apartment fire in Norfolk displaces 25
Officials say a fire caused 25 people in the Lansdale apartment building in Norfolk to be displaced Monday night in the 2700 block of Azalea Garden Road. Crews say it was caused by an accidental kitchen fire.
When they arrived, they found heavy smoke and flames coming from a second floor unit.
Over 30 firefighters fought back flames.
Crews helped a female occupant to safety.
All residents got out safe.
One person was transported for smoke inhalation.
The apartment is now uninhabitable officials say.
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Hampton man who died after being placed in emergency custody identified