City of Virginia Beach facilities closed
All Virginia Beach recreation centers and parks, all Virginia Beach public libraries, all three city-operated historic houses: Francis Land House, the Adam Thoroughgood House and Lynnhaven House, Sandler Center for the Performing Arts, Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center, and all Visitor Information Centers are closed due to Hurricane Sandy.
Residents can go to Birdneck Elementary School on 957 S. Birdneck Road for shelter. Only cats and dogs are allowed at the Animal Care and Adoption Center on 341 S. Birdneck Road. Dogs must be on a leash and cats must be in a carrier.
All Virginia Beach offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, October 29th. However, the city will operate under an “essential personnel condition” starting at 6 a.m. Monday morning. The essential operating condition will remain in effect until further notice.
The city’s Emergency Operations Center will operate under a partial activation that has started at noon today until further notice.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales