Scammers tell some voters they can cast ballots over the phone
Some voters, especially seniors, are getting phone calls that they can now cast their ballots through the phone.
It’s happening in Virginia and other swing states as we count down to November 6th.
Election officials and registrars rarely contact voters by phone.
It’s just one of a few voter fraud scams that’s worrying congressman Bobby Scott.
That’s why he and voting rights groups as well as the State Board of Elections are warning voters about the bogus phone calls since they don’t know who or what group is on the other end of the line.
If you receive a suspicious phone call, notify the State Board of Elections right away. Click here for more information.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery