Scammers tell some voters they can cast ballots over the phone
Some voters, especially seniors, are getting phone calls that they can now cast their ballots through the phone.
It’s happening in Virginia and other swing states as we count down to November 6th.
Election officials and registrars rarely contact voters by phone.
It’s just one of a few voter fraud scams that’s worrying congressman Bobby Scott.
That’s why he and voting rights groups as well as the State Board of Elections are warning voters about the bogus phone calls since they don’t know who or what group is on the other end of the line.
If you receive a suspicious phone call, notify the State Board of Elections right away. Click here for more information.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket