Search is on for rape suspect in Dare County
Dare County officials are searching for a 22-year-old man they say raped someone early Wednesday morning.
On Wednesday morning, October 24, 2012, Dare County deputies responded to a reported rape located in the Manns Harbor community.
Chief Deputy Steve Hoggard tells NewsChannel 3 authorities have issued a warrant for 22-year-old Eric Daniel Mares, of Manns Harbor, North Carolina. Officials say Mares has been living in the Manns Harbor area, but is originally from the Beaufort County area.
Watch NewsChannel 3 at Noon and First at Four for updates as they are released.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS