Tropical Storm Sandy is expected to strengthen as it moves north
Tropical Storm Sandy is expected to strengthen as it begins moving north today.
Sandy is nearly stationary about 350 miles South-Southwest of Jamaica.
This storm is expected to start tracking north today and cross over Jamaica on Wednesday. Sandy will strengthen close to hurricane strength as is moves over Jamaica.
Sandy is expected to continue to track generally north through the work week and weekend.
Tropical Depression 19 has formed over the open central Atlantic but poses no threat to land.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship