Is it better to buy organic?
When it comes to grocery shopping, the trendy thing it seems is to be organic.
But the problem is they can be so expensive.
From veggies to fruits and meats, there seems to be organic versions of everything including peanut butter!
But the sticker shock shouldn’t keep you from trying them out.
Many farmers’ markets now take coupons and food stamps.
You can also cut costs by buying things in bulk.
Then you can freeze or can them instead of letting them go bad in your fridge.
But if you’re going for organics for health, a study out yesterday says organic foods don’t have more nutrients than others
They do, however, have fewer pesticides.
There are some organic fruits and vegetables Consumer Reports says are better to buy organic.
This includes apples, berries, grapes, bell peppers, potatoes, and green beans.
They say these tend to have more pesticides.
No matter if you want organics or not, doctors say it’s important to give kids lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says