VDOT planning to shut down I-264 on Thursday
The Virginia Department of Transportation will be closing Interstate 264 in the middle of the day on Thursday for a power line replacement.
In a release sent Monday afternoon, VDOT says crews will be assisting Dominion Virginia Power and closing I-264 in both directions east and west, between First Colonial Road and Birdneck Road.
VDOT says the work will start at 11 a.m. Thursday morning and they expect it to last up to one hour.
The power line they are replacing, between Exit 21 and Exit 22, runs across interstate lanes.
Motorist are encouraged to avoid the area and use an alternate route. Traffic control will be handled by Virginia State Police.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight