Police to increase patrols in Ghent
Norfolk, Va. – With almost a dozen cars in Ghent being broken into in the last month police have decided to step up the patrols and stop the criminals.
Instead of the normal eight hour shifts officers work, they’ll be patrolling for 10 to 12 hours.
Also, there will be two officers inside the cruisers instead of one an idea that’s comforting to Lynn Daly.
“It makes me feel better, we chose this area because we feel like it’s a safe area.”
In addition there will be more officers on bike patrol around Ghent.
The changes will only be for the third division.
The patrols will start November 12th
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Suffolk mother sentenced after mooning bus full of kids
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Councilman questions colleague, 'You should be on the side of black folks'