Route 460 tolls to cost drivers less money
NewsChannel 3 has learned more information about construction of the new route 460 highway in Suffolk.
Tolls are going to cost drivers two dollars less than anticipated.
VDOT announced new details about the construction project with the Commonwealth Transportation Board.
Among the information, it will cost cars $3.69 to take the road.
For trucks it will be $11.72.
The tolls wouldn’t start until 2018, but every year after, the toll will increase by 3.5 percent.
Once complete, 460 will start in Suffolk and end at interstate 295 in Petersburg.
VDOT says mobility partners will design and build the new highway.
Now VDOT hopes the access road will attract truckers since they’ll be able to breeze through the 55 mile stretch much faster than on 460.
The toll will stay in place until the 40-year contract is complete.
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Hampton man who died after being placed in emergency custody identified
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch