Name of Oscar Smith student who died after collapsing at football practice released
Update:Police have now released the name of the sophomore who died after collapsing at football practice.
Police say the student has been identified as JV football player Jhevontae Davis.
According to Chesapeake police, a 14-year-old Oscar Smith High School student died Wednesday after collapsing at football practice.
School officials say he was experiencing breathing difficulties when he collapsed.
He was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
NewsChannel 3 is working to gather more details.
- Community helps family who lost father while treating two kids with cancer
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Three from Hampton Roads indicted in 7-Eleven immigration raids
- Woman sentenced to death set to walk free, go shopping with victim's grandson