Virginia Beach man wins $100,000 lottery prize for second time
Virginia Beach, Va. – Who says winning the lottery is a once-in-a-lifetime experience? Not Arik Solomon.
When the Virginia Beach man won $100,000 in the October 9 Cash 5 day drawing, it was the second time he had matched all five numbers to win the game’s top prize. The first time was in September of 2003.
His most recent win was with a ticket he bought at Battlefield BP, at 945 North Battlefield Boulevard in Chesapeake. That’s the same location at which he bought his winning ticket nine years ago, although it had a different name at the time.
The winning numbers for the October 9 drawing were 7-17-24-25-31. Mr. Solomon said he selected his numbers using family birthdays. He said he has no immediate plans for his winnings.
Cash 5 drawings are held daily at 1:59 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. The chances of winning the $100,000 top prize are 1 in 278,256.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean