Helicopter intercepted over Williamsburg
According to a release from NORAD and USNORTHCOM Public Affairs officials, a U.S. Coast Guard HH-65 Dolphin helicopter under the direction of North American Aerospace Defense Command intercepted a Robinson 44 Helicopter operating in restricted airspace over Williamsburg, Va., today at approximately 8:00 a.m. EDT.
The U.S. Coast Guard HH-65 Dolphin helicopter responded to the FAA-established Temporary Flight Restriction zone violation. After intercepting the Robinson 44 it was escorted to and landed at the Wakefield Municipal Airport, Va., without further incident, reports say.
All pilots flying in the vicinity of Williamsburg, Va., are encouraged to check the Federal Aviation Administration VIP Notice to Airmen that can be found at http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_2_6566.html.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested