Teen arrested in bank robbery near Lynnhaven Parkway
A teen was arrested over the weekend in a bank robbery that happened near Lynnhaven Parkway.
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at approximately 9:10 a.m., a police officer on routine patrol reported that he saw a suspicious man enter the Wells Fargo Bank located at 675 Lynnhaven Parkway.
Police say the suspect had entered the bank, implied he had a weapon, and demanded money from the teller. After obtaining an undisclosed amount of money, the suspect then ran away.
Police say the suspect ran into a wooded area near the bank, after he saw police officers in the parking lot.
The police officer had positioned himself in the bank’s parking lot and notified police dispatch of the suspicious person. A second officer responded to assist with the incident, and both officers chased the suspect as they saw him try to run away.
The suspect has been identified as 19-year-old Aaron Jon Allen.
Allen has been charged with Robbery and Use of a Firearm. He is currently being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
This case remains under investigation.
Watch NewsChannel 3 starting First at Four for updates as they are received.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home