Police: Man shot in leg while sitting on his front porch
According to Chesapeake Public Information Officer Kelly O’Sullivan, a man was hospitalized Monday morning after being shot while sitting on his own front porch.
On Monday morning at 2:30 a.m., Chesapeake police responded to Chesapeake Regional Medical Center in reference to a man who arrived with a gunshot wound to his leg.
The victim told police he was sitting on his porch, located in the 200 block of Hurdle Drive, when a dark colored SUV drove by and an unknown suspect fired one round at him. He was shot in the leg. Police say he then drove himself to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The case is currently under investigation. Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to call, text, or submit an online tip to the Chesapeake Crime Line.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS; 24 killed, more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder