One wounded, several homes hit in Chesapeake shooting
Chesapeake, Va. – One man was wounded and several homes were struck by bullets during an early-morning shooting in Chesapeake this morning.
Police say reports of shots fired in the 800 block of Channel Place came in at 1:10 am.
When officers arrived they found a man had been shot once in the stomach. He was transported to Norfolk General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Several nearby homes were hit during the shooting, but no further injuries were reported.
The suspect who fled the scene was described as a black man. Police have no further information at this time.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's