One wounded, several homes hit in Chesapeake shooting
Chesapeake, Va. – One man was wounded and several homes were struck by bullets during an early-morning shooting in Chesapeake this morning.
Police say reports of shots fired in the 800 block of Channel Place came in at 1:10 am.
When officers arrived they found a man had been shot once in the stomach. He was transported to Norfolk General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Several nearby homes were hit during the shooting, but no further injuries were reported.
The suspect who fled the scene was described as a black man. Police have no further information at this time.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified