One wounded, several homes hit in Chesapeake shooting
Chesapeake, Va. – One man was wounded and several homes were struck by bullets during an early-morning shooting in Chesapeake this morning.
Police say reports of shots fired in the 800 block of Channel Place came in at 1:10 am.
When officers arrived they found a man had been shot once in the stomach. He was transported to Norfolk General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Several nearby homes were hit during the shooting, but no further injuries were reported.
The suspect who fled the scene was described as a black man. Police have no further information at this time.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'