One wounded, several homes hit in Chesapeake shooting
Chesapeake, Va. – One man was wounded and several homes were struck by bullets during an early-morning shooting in Chesapeake this morning.
Police say reports of shots fired in the 800 block of Channel Place came in at 1:10 am.
When officers arrived they found a man had been shot once in the stomach. He was transported to Norfolk General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Several nearby homes were hit during the shooting, but no further injuries were reported.
The suspect who fled the scene was described as a black man. Police have no further information at this time.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave