NORAD fighters intercept two small aircraft in restricted zone over Williamsburg
Peterson Air Force Base, Colo. – Two F-16 fighters under the direction of the North American Aerospace Defense Command intercepted two small aircraft over Williamsburg Saturday afternoon.
President Obama is in Williamsburg for the weekend preparing for the second presidential debate.
The fighters responded to the FAA-established Temporary Flight Restriction zone violations by a Cessna 182 and a Piper PA32 at 5:30 and 5:45 p.m., respectively.
After intercepting the aircraft, the F-16s escorted both out of the zone, and the aircraft were allowed to continue without further incident.
All pilots flying in the vicinity of Williamsburg, Va., are encouraged to check the Federal Aviation Administration VIP Notice to Airmen that can be found at http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_2_6566.html.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales