Loggerhead hatchling released into Gulf Stream
Virginia Beach, Va. – A baby loggerhead turtle was released into the Gulf Stream Friday morning after being nursed to health to make sure he would be strong enough to survive.
This loggerhead turtle hatchling is named, “Mine.”
That is his given name by the Virginia Aquarium’s Stranding Response Team.
The team helped Mine to eat and grow stronger so they could get the hatchling back on course by releasing him into the Gulf Stream.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS