Lockdown lifted for three York County schools
York County, Va. - A school lockdown has been lifted.
Staff and students at York Middle, York High and Yorktown Elementary schools were all told to stay inside around 1:30 Friday afternoon.
It’s after someone driving near the schools on Goosley Road said his car window was blown out.
Investigators also got a report of a man in the woods with a gun.
It turns out the person police were looking for in the woods was the driver with the shattered window.
He did not have a gun. It was never determined what caused the window to break and no bullet was found. The schools were released from lockdown at 2:37 PM.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean