Vick admits to having dog
Michael Vick has finally admitted that he does have a dog.
But he also says it’s for a good reason—his kids.
He says, “I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family’s decision to care for a pet. As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals.”
He also says, “This is an opportunity to break the cycle. To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change.”
Michael Vick was sentenced to 23 months in jail and probation for operating a dog fighting ring.
While he was on probation he was not able to own a dog, but his probation ended over the summer.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize