Report: Toyota recalls 7.4 million vehicles for fire risk
The automaker said that the driver’s side power window switch on some models may feel “notchy” or sticky during operation.
According to the report, the problem is caused by an uneven application of grease during the switch assembly process, and if commonly available lubricants are applied, a fire could result under some circumstances.
The recall will affect approximately 2.5 million vehicles in the United States.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million