Hampton man arrested, charged with abduction over the weekend
On Saturday, October 6, 2012, at about 5:30 a.m., Newport News police responded to the 500 block of Bulkeley Place to reports of a man with a gun.
Police say 21-year-old Antonio Tynes came to the apartment to take his children. According to police, the victim, a 42-year-old woman of the 500 block of Bulkekey Place, has legal custody of the 4-year-old and 5-year-old boys. The woman’s fiance and the children were inside the apartment building when Tynes walked in and produced a handgun, threatening to kill the victim.
Officials say Tynes also kicked in a bathroom door where the woman’s fiance and the children were hiding, and pointed the weapon at the fiance. Police say the fiance and children were able to escape the apartment. Tynes also punched the victim several times in the head and refused to allow her to leave.
Police found Antonio Tynes in a locked bedroom of the apartment and took him into custody. The handgun was recovered.
21-year-old Antonio Tynes of the 300 block of Langley Avenue in Hampton was arrested and charged with abduction and brandishing a firearm.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- 51 killed in mammoth Oklahoma tornado; 40 more bodies expected