Death of Newport News woman found floating in ditch ruled accidental drowning
NewsChannel 3 has learned new details about the death of a Newport News woman found during an August storm.
The chief medical examiner says 57-year-old Mary Mclean died from an accidental drowning.
Her body was found floating in a ditch on Mercury Boulevard behind the Alley nightclub.
Police say someone walking by found her.
Mary Mclean was not the only one woman found dead that weekend.
28-year-old Barbara Hintz was found dead in her Great Oak Circle Apartment.
The cause of her death is still unknown.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?