Death of Newport News woman found floating in ditch ruled accidental drowning
NewsChannel 3 has learned new details about the death of a Newport News woman found during an August storm.
The chief medical examiner says 57-year-old Mary Mclean died from an accidental drowning.
Her body was found floating in a ditch on Mercury Boulevard behind the Alley nightclub.
Police say someone walking by found her.
Mary Mclean was not the only one woman found dead that weekend.
28-year-old Barbara Hintz was found dead in her Great Oak Circle Apartment.
The cause of her death is still unknown.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home