Police ask for help identifying body found at Peterson’s Yacht Basin (Warning Graphic Photo)
Newport News, Va. – Newport News police are asking for the public’s help in identifying the body of a man found in the water at Peterson’s Yacht Basin on Saturday.
The man has no tattoos and was not wearing any jewelry.
The Medical Examiner has tentatively ruled the cause of death as drowning pending toxicology results.
Detectives are asking anyone who may know the identity of the victim to call (757) 928-4200 or Newport News Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods