Look What’s Cookin – Tempeh Fajitas
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 large limes, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1 package tempeh
- ½ ea red pepper, sliced
- ½ ea green pepper, sliced
- ½ each medium onion, sliced
- Flour tortillas, warmed
In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, brown sugar, garlic, oregano, chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk to incorporate ingredients and dissolve sugar.
Grill the Tempeh for 3 to 4 minutes on each and remove to a plate. Allow tempeh to cool slightly and slice thin.
Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add some oil to the pan and sauté peppers and onions until they start to wilt. Add marinade and reduce slightly. Add tempeh to reheat and serve.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship