Bodies of grandfather, grandson found in water near N. Battlefield Blvd.
Police say the bodies of a grandfather and grandson were found in the intercoastal waterway on Friday. The child was visiting from North Carolina.
At 9:15 a.m. Friday morning, a citizen reported that a body found was floating in the water located in the 100 block of N. Battlefield Boulevard.
Police and fire units responded and recovered a deceased adult male. A vacant vehicle was found nearby, police say.
A witness says the owner of the vehicle was fishing with a 5 to 7-year-old child on Wednesday, October 3.
There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death at this time.
More information will be released as it becomes available.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen