Bodies of grandfather, grandson found in water near N. Battlefield Blvd.
Police say the bodies of a grandfather and grandson were found in the intercoastal waterway on Friday. The child was visiting from North Carolina.
At 9:15 a.m. Friday morning, a citizen reported that a body found was floating in the water located in the 100 block of N. Battlefield Boulevard.
Police and fire units responded and recovered a deceased adult male. A vacant vehicle was found nearby, police say.
A witness says the owner of the vehicle was fishing with a 5 to 7-year-old child on Wednesday, October 3.
There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death at this time.
More information will be released as it becomes available.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head