Bald eagle’s nest removed at Norfolk Botanical Gardens
Officials removed the bald eagle’s nest at Norfolk Botanical Gardens.
By the time we were allowed inside the gate, the nest was already gone.
The garden’s board and the city removed the nest because of how close it was to Norfolk airport’s runway.
Four bald eagles collided with planes over the last decade.
Biologists say they’re not worried about the eagles returning to the garden.
They believe the birds have plenty of time to find a safer location to build a nest.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- At least 24 killed in mammoth tornado; more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder