Fox to air Redskins instead of Steelers game this weekend
This weekend, the Pittsburgh Steelers will be taking on Newport News native Michael Vick and the Philadelphia Eagles, but you won’t be able to see it here on NewsChannel 3.
The NFL decides which games are NFC or AFC games for the week.
If the NFL considers it an NFC game, then it is shown on Fox.
The AFC games as determined by the NFL are on CBS.
Both the Steelers and Redskins games are considered NFC games this week.
So Fox chose to air the Redskins game over the Steelers game thinking that was their better option.
CBS never had a choice in the matter.
- Community helps family who lost father while treating two kids with cancer
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Three from Hampton Roads indicted in 7-Eleven immigration raids
- Woman sentenced to death set to walk free, go shopping with victim's grandson